Asian Meatballs and Rice
Oven Baked lean turkey meatballs tossed in an Asian style sauce served over rice - an ideal low calorie, healthy 30 minute weeknight meal.
Who doesn’t just love a dinner that tastes as good as take-out, but that is low calorie, healthy and easy?
Holy Crap y’all, where did this summer go? Literally, Miss Emma has 16 days left of summer vacation until school starts. SIXTEEN DAYS! Do y’all know what that means? Back to school shopping! Back to school clothes shopping. I hate it! Pure Torture! Miss Emma and I try to agree but it just doesn’t happen. I find myself repeating the words “that’s against dress code”. Now seriously, y’all I get that some girls do push the limits, I get it. But Miss Emma is a 14 year-old girl with a full figure. She could wear a basic scoop neck T-shirt and be dress coded for cleavage. Last year she got dress coded for wearing a turtle neck; apparently it was to form fitting. So, you can see my struggle. Today we are headed down to Phoenix to do some school shopping, Wish me luck y’all; but the end of today we both may have killed each other.
These Asian Meatballs and Rice take only 30 minutes to make. Simply combine all of the meatball ingredients together and mix. Shape into 24 equal size meatballs and bake in a 400 degree F oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Heat the sauce mixture and pour over the rice and meatballs. Garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy!
Give this Asian Meatball and Rice recipe a try and be sure to let me know what y’all think! If you make them share it on Instagram and be sure to tag me at Official_Carrieshomecooking.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 whole green onion, both green and white parts
- 2 large egg
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- green onions for serving, if desired
- sesame seeds for serving, if desired
- Cooked Rice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add turkey, breadcrumbs, garlic, green onions, egg, sesame oil and soy sauce. Mix with your hands until combined.
- Grease a baking sheet with oil.
- Portion out 12 meatballs. (Working with slightly wet hands helps)
- Place meatballs on the oiled baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes or until fully cooked, flipping halfway through.
- Take out of the oven and toss with the Asian sauce.
- Serve immediately over rice and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.